What pain is associated with
Gluteus Minimus Muscle: Buttocks, Hip, Thigh, Knee, Calf, Ankle Pain
– Pain in buttocks
– Pain on the outside of the hip
– Pain in the back and outside of the thigh
– Pain in the back of the calf down to the ankle
– Numbness in buttocks, hip and thigh traveling down to ankle
– Pain while walking
– Difficulty rising from a sitting position
– Difficulty crossing your legs
– Pain while laying on affected side
Where is the gluteus minimus muscle?
The gluteus minimus is located in the hip. It attaches the hip bone to the upper leg. It lies under both the gluteus medius and gluteus maximus.
Not all leg pain is relevant to shin splints, please check with your GP if you continue to have leg pain and get a professional diagnosis.